Pages

Sunday 23 December 2012

Drinking and Driving

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving as it is approaching the festive season. As you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.
 
A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and then topped it off with one or two single malts. It was beautiful. 
 
Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before: I took a taxi home.
 
Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise as I have never driven a taxi before and am not sure where I got it.
 
Ho! Ho! Ho!   Merry Christmas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment